curl-and-php

Host to Target Redirection (Transfer)

From: David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:06:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I'm wondering how to go to a page on my 'target' site
after I've logged in & displayed that page with curl
on my host site. (and transfer from my host to target
host)

For example, I've created a shortcut to a page
(auto-login of sorts) on a website I use often. It is
user specific, and session id's have been transfered
during the curl phase of the php script. At the bottom
of the page, after the curl received data echoing, I
placed a submit button to process a 2nd script to pass
those sessions id's (with curl) and bring up the users
page. It all appears to work, a portion of the user
specific page is displayed, with links that are
'/private/news' or '/private/search' in the source.
Also, the verbose output server response is 202. So it
must like what's being sent.

Clicking on one of them returns: "The requested URL
/private/news/ was not found on this server." Doh!!
That page is not on my server. Of course.

I tried having the action of the submit button be the
target page, but evidently no cookie info is
transfered, and the login page is returned. I've also
tried many time to use header() with all sorts of
entries.

So, is this transfer of servers possible with curl?
Where should I be looking? All suggestions are
welcome. Hope this wasn't too confusing.

Thanks,
David Colter