curl-and-php

when your pc gets sick!!!

From: devesh <dost4frnd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:47:54 +0530

Hi,

Well, it's not possible to keep your machine(pc) working(fit)
always....someday,sometime comes when you said "no way!!!" ;)

So why don't you try TuxGuru ?

More info :
http://tuxguru.sourceforge.net/info.htm
http://tuxguru.sourceforge.net

Cheers,
Devesh.

------------------------------

 * TuxGuru's Rescue Tablet!!!* * (thetuxguru_at_gmail.com)*

1. Introduction

2. What's TuxGuru's Rescue Tablet?

3. How to download?

4. How to burn iso image?

5. How to use this bootable Cd?

6. Some Tips and Tricks :)

------------------------------

*1. Introduction*

This project aims to make such Open Source modules or utilities (for Linux)
by which any user can shoot any problem with or without having good
technical knowledge/skills.

*"I have been using Linux for a long time.I have faced so many technical
problem and shoot those out. Again i faced more problems and resolved them.
And again, I faced more problems. But at this stage, I found most of them
are same problems and same repeated solutions for those. So this idea came
in my mind, Shouldn't I make a troubleshooter. A troubleshooter which would
be smart enough to resolve the problems based on some interaction between
the user and the troubleshooter."*

The Troubleshooter will work based on the answers given, and will present
likely solutions & will ask further clarifying questions.

*Naming :*
TuxGuru = Tux + Guru
o Tux symbolizes Linux (open source software)
o Guru - a Hindi Word, which means 'Teacher' ( a person who understands the
problems and suggests appropriate solutions)

*2. What's TuxGuru's Rescue Tablet?*

It is a part of the TuxGuru project.Tuxguru's Rescue tablet resolves many
problems including
Passwords,Grub,Backup,Recovery,Partition,Installations,etc. It is a
mutli-bootable(dos/unix) disk having a large no. of trobleshooting scripts,
softwares and packages.It is based on Fedora standard booting method and
rescue environment, so can be used as 'Live' Cd.

Moreover,it contains Hiren's BootCD 9.1
<http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd>and The
All In One Boot Floppy <http://home.arcor.de/mschierlm/bootdisk/> which make
this Rescue Tablet more 'powerful'.

*3. How to download?*

You can get TuxGuru's Rescue Tablet beta release from
here.<http://tuxguru.sourceforge.net>

*4. How to burn iso image?*

Just download the iso image from the above mentioned link and use your
favorite cd/dvd burner to burn this image.

If you use Linux, can use : K3b <http://k3b.plainblack.com/> or Insert your
cd/dvd in CD/DVD-ROM and type in terminal :

* cdrecord -v -pad speed=1 dev=0,0,0 tuxguru-beta.iso *

*5. How to use this bootable Cd?*

After burning your CD/DVD, just insert into your CD/DVD-ROM and reboot your
pc.You will see a menu as your pc will boot up,from there you can easily
explore this Rescue Tablet.For more info,use its
manual<#119a08ad8450c2c1_119a087253512d75_119a07e49d56070c_>(coming
soon!!!).

*6. Some Tips and Tricks :)*

i) - If you want to recover your windows(admin) password.

-- Boot your pc with this disk and choose Hiren's BootCd from menu.Go to
sub-menu and choose password/registry changer and follow the instructions
given on screen.It will reset your windows password.

ii) - How to resolve any grub boot-loader problem or re-installation of Grub
Boot Loader

-- Boot your machine with this disk and choose *'Run TuxGuru's Rescue
Disk'*and follow the instructions.It will leave you on terminal
(#-prompt).Type
*'tuxguru'* and choose *'Install BootLoader'* from the menu.Just wait for
4-5 Sec. and restart your machine with new Grub :).

iii ) - How to change Linux Root Password?

-- On the #-prompt, just type *'passwd'* ,it will ask you a new Root
password,just enter and confirm your new Root password.

*Contact me : *

 Send Feedback & bugs to - thetuxguru_at_gmail.com