curl-and-php

Curl refuses to configure with ssl

From: Tim Duncklee <tvd_at_duncklee.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:18:26 -0500

Running Fedora8 with openssl-0.9.8h and curl-7.18.2 I do:
./configure --with-ssl

I've tried every variation I can think of but I always end up with:
SSL support: no

I see the check with pkg-config fails but openssl IS installed and working
with apache.

checking OpenSSL options with pkg-config... no
checking for gdi32... no
checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... no
checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... no
checking for inflateEnd in -lz... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
configure: found both libz and libz.h header
checking for libssh2_channel_open_ex in -lssh2... yes
checking libssh2.h usability... yes
checking libssh2.h presence... yes
checking for libssh2.h... yes
configure: WARNING: SSL disabled, you will not be able to use HTTPS, FTPS,
NTLM and more.
configure: WARNING: Use --with-ssl, --with-gnutls or --with-nss to address
this.

I'm lost at this point.

Tim