curl-and-php

Re: delete file from ftp with quote

From: Stephen Pynenburg <spynenburg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:04:29 -0400

Hey,
I don't think the QUOTE options are skipped, but I can't seem to find any
that work. With the code:

<?PHP
$command = array('ls /');
$ftp_url = "ftp://ftp.freehostia.com";
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "[user]:[password]");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $ftp_url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE, $command);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 0);
$res = curl_exec ($ch);
echo curl_error($ch);
curl_close ($ch);
}
?>

I get a directory listing returned, as well as the following error:
QUOT string not accepted: ls /

As per Daniel's advice, I did poke around in the libcurl docs, but the only
thing I could find relating to it was for the C binding -
http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/ftpupload.c

If all else fails, I guess you could just use something like
passthru('curl -Q "DELE filename" ftp://user:pass@host/path')

-Stephen