curl-and-php

RE: Getting Raw Response

From: Steven Morgan <gatecrasher1981_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:27:24 +0000

Thanks for the reply; I was aware of CURLOPT_HEADER, I was just curious as to the extent to which this emulated the *exact* response received from a server.

Steve

Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:38:45 +0530From: warunans_at_gmail.comTo: curl-and-php_at_cool.haxx.seSubject: Re: Getting Raw Response

2008/8/6 Steven Morgan <gatecrasher1981_at_hotmail.com>

Thanks for your reply Daniel. I think I've got my terminology mixed up a little, but what I'm referring to is the response from a server to a HTTP request made by the cURL client. Where I mentioned adding headers to the output, I was just referring to where the headers received from the remote server can be prepended to the final cURL output (provided when a request is executed). Hope that makes a little more sense?
Setting CURLOPT_HEADER to 1 will give the output with HTTP headers.

 As a little background, what I'm trying to do is make use of cURLs sophisticated proxy settings, but handle the parsing of the response provided by the remote server manually - so I was hoping for access to the *exact* data that was received as if it was obtained by a pure socket request. I'm just wondering how to achieve this with cURL? Cheers, Steve