curl-and-php

RE: Getting Raw Response

From: Steven Morgan <gatecrasher1981_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 23:24:46 +0000

Thanks for the replies all. This is exactly what I was curious about.

Is it possible to disable cURL Content Decoding without disabling the cURL Transfer Decoding? Are these supported in PHP 5.2.5?

I just tried setting to both 0 and false and observed no change in output, despite the Transfer-encoding header being received as "chunked". Where content is received in a "chunked" state and CURLOPT_HTTP_CONTENT_DECODING set to false, I'm assuming it should not be possible to display cURLS output correctly in a browser? (This was my mini test hitting google.com that's why I ask).

What is the best way to ensure these settings have been applied?

Thanks again for the assistance, appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve