curl-and-php

PHP/cURL - Get client cookies, send them to curl, then use the returned cookies

From: <stephen_at_liberty-irm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:48:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folks,

This is the first email I've ever sent to a list, so hopefully it comes
out right. Anyway, here is the problem. After a lot of research (about
four days worth), I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to just
"include" phpbb3 in joomla (now, this was NOT my idea but it is my job to
make these things 'happen' - I have a strong dislike for both of those
softwares).

Therefor, I'd like to pull the contents of the phpbb page into joomla.
Right now I have it at least pulling the data and keeping it's own cookie
open, which works pretty well. You can navigate around (and I'm working on
putting the POST/FILE stuff in there to complete it) and it keeps it's own
little session open. I'd like the session and cookie that it is reading to
be absolutely dependent on the client's session. That is to say that the
person who is viewing the webpage should have their information forced
into curl, curl should get phpbb's content/do anything that needs to be
done, and then any edits to the cookie should be returned to the client's
cookie (which should be updated appropriately).

If I've lost anyone, please let me know. Hopefully someone has an idea of
how to do this. I wouldn't imagine that it would be terribly difficult, I
just do not have a huge amount of experience with cURL.

Thanks very much,
Stephen