curl-and-php

Re: script works in windows but not on any of the linux

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:28:39 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, yaris dong wrote:

> http://pastebin.com/m65fcf682
>
> i've put VERBOSE on to see what was different.
>
> at first i realized, linux was making GET on login.php, while windows was
> doing POST. Therefore the script worked fine on windows server and windows
> localhost (wampserver)

A general advice:

Don't set CURLOPT_HTTPGET like that when you want POST. Don't set CURLOPT_POST
when you want GET, just set CURLOPT_HTTPGET.

The $incl_head use seems suspicious based on the comment...

> i dont understand why LINUX is crapping out while on windows, it has
> worked beautifully.

It probably has nothing at all to do with windows vs linux but everything to
do with different libcurl versions behaving differently. And I'd guess it
depends on the things I mentioned above.

> i dont think it has to do with libcurl version.

How come?