curl-and-php

cURL Multi with maximum buffering

From: John Ricci <jbricci_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:22:13 -0500

Hi All

Can cURL run 500 requests at one time, while allowing me to SET the maximum
READ buffer and READ from that the incoming buffer for each request.
Basically I want to be able to ABORT or perform a task on a request if I
find something in the current buffer I am reading.I only want to READ 128
bytes at a time. I want to perform some tasks while reading the document as
it is coming in! I also always want to keep 500 requests running, so when
one of the 500 requests finishes, I want to load another request, always
keeping 500 requests running at one time. Currently I am using class
http_parallel (NON BLOCKING SOCKETS) to do this, but I was just wondering if
cURL can do this, and if so, can it do it better than http_parallel, (IE; do
it in a more resource friendly way)

Thanks

John