curl-and-php

Re: SSL: couldn't create a context! Errors

From: David Justl <david_at_rockauto.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:49:34 -0600

Daniel,

Thanks for the quick response. I added code to return the OpenSSL error
string when this failure occurs (It would be nice if cURL returned this
instead of the generic 'Couldn't create a context' error), and this is
what I got:

error:140A90F1:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_new:unable to load ssl2 md5 routines

The discussion at this link looks to be about the same issue:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.asio.user/2099/focus=2110

I'm not sure what could be causing this problem...is there anything that
can be done in cURL to help with this? Or do I just need to ask the
OpenSSL people?

Thanks,
Dave