curl-and-php

Re: SSL: couldn't create a context! Errors

From: David Justl <david_at_rockauto.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:14:57 -0600

So it looks like somehow the OpenSSL hash that's supposed to store the
ciphers and digests is sometimes empty when SSL_CTX_new is called by
cURL. Are there any known issues when running cURL under Apache+PHP
where the Apache process is also using OpenSSL? I seems like something
is clearing this hash ("EVP_cleanup"?) but nothing re-populates it if
cURL needs to create a new context. Not sure if this makes any sense,
but just trying to figure out what may be going on.

    Thanks,
    Dave