curl-and-php

Re: Warning: Failed to save cookies in cookie file

From: David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:23:14 -0800 (PST)

That sounds great. How does libcurl set the permissions? On my server, the cookie containing folder '/cookies/' has been set to 777, but each of the cookie files that libcurl created is set to 644. I had hoped that the folder permissions would carry. This was working, but after a change to:
        curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_COOKIESESSION, TRUE);
I started having a problem and now the cookie files have not been modified for 3 days??

Further info: After the cookie files have been deleted, the first time after curl_exec all is fine, i.e. no warning. After that, the cookie file is not been accessed or modified.

So, there are questions about 2 items here. What is the logic behind curlopt_cookiesession and if curl writes cookie files when none exist, why would I need to change permissions?