curl-and-php

RE: problems downloading files with differents ports

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:32:20 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Jordi Agusti Fonoll wrote:

> I think this is not the problem, because I have just this problem when
> the URL has a port. For example this other URL:
> http://ficheros.orm.es:3025/descarga/peldano/20070706UP.mp3
>
> give me the same problem:
>
> About to connect() to ficheros.orm.es port 3025
> * Trying 80.73.144.119... * Connection refused
> * couldn't connect to host
> * Closing connection #0

You may opt to not believe me. That's entirely your choice. But that will only
make you bang your head against this issue longer. I won't push you.

The above issue is identical. The server at 80.73.144.119 does not
allow/accept your connect to port 3025 from the server you run the program on.
Or as was pointed out, something may block and cancel that connect attempt
before it even reaches that target server.

> This files are public and everybody can download it.

Quite clearly you cannot so this statement is a bit curious.