curl-and-php

Connections & Handles

From: David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 04:48:10 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

My question is a general one about the use of connections. I
frequently target 10-20 individual pages in my php scripts. Sometimes
it is only directed to 1 host, and more often toward 3 to 4 hosts
( sub domains ). As I have been unable to find definitive discussions
about this, what is the best practice for using connections and
handles? As a matter of background, the script must jump around the
( back & forth ) 3-4 hosts as it obtains cookies and redirects during/
after logging in.

Should I configure the setopt's to use a different handle & different
connections for each sub domain? Can I safely get by with 1 connection
& 1 handle when getting miltiple pages within one host. Does cookie
parsing depend ( change ) because of connections & handles?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

David

Sent from my iPhone 3G