curl-and-php

Re: Issue with sending arrays in CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS

From: Stephen Pynenburg <spynenburg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:04:53 -0400

If I understood you correctly, you're trying to pass an associative array
through POST - the easiest way (the only way I know of, actually) to do this
is as follows:
$array = array("value1", "value2", "value3");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,
"assoc[]=".$array[0]."&assoc[]=."$array[1]);

At the server side, this will produce an element in the $_POST array keyed
as "assoc", with an array containing the values you passed as a value.
Putting the post data as I have (assoc[]) will produce a simple 0, 1, 2
keying pattern in the passed array, however you can enter custom keys very
simply by just doing:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,
"assoc[customkey]=".$array[0]."&assoc[anothercustomkey]=."$array[1]);

HTH,
-Stephen