curl-and-php

Re: Problem in Curl installation

From: Marcos Santos Junior <msjunior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:05:05 +0000

It's seems like the PHP extension cURL is not installed.
In your command line interface enter:
zcat -f /var/log/dpkg.log* | grep "\ install\ " | sort
and see if "curl" is listed. Bear in mind that installing curl does NOT mean
you'll be able to run the PHP extension curl.
They are different animals...

To check wether your PHP installation has the cURL extension bundled with it
and is enabled, create a simple PHP file:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

If cURL extension is enabled in your PHP installation, you should be able to
see an entry in the PHP details.
If no entry is found, then you can installed it:

sudo apt-get install php5-curl
More help can be found here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingSoftware

--