curl-and-php

set cookie

From: Mindaugas <manxp_at_freemail.lt>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:56:51 +0200

I need to setup cookie before sending further requests, and my code looks
like:

$cookie="cookie.txt";

$ch=curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url]);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $agent);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, $cookie);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, $cookie);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIE, "some_text");

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

$post=curl_exec($ch);

curl_close($ch);

When I run this code, file "cookie.txt" remains empty. Isn't curl supposed
to write "some_text" to cookie.txt file when code is launched? Or is my code
wrong?