curl-and-php

Re: curl-and-php Digest, Vol 56, Issue 2

From: Peter Miller <petermiller1986_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:11:58 +0930

thanks for the quick response! unfortunately, as daniel.haxx.se says, http
headers only shows http requests between the browser and curl script. i do
use the browser to display the output of my curl script, which is great for
displaying the returned html from the site i'm contacting, however since the
curl http requests do not pass though the browser the live http headers
program does not log them. check it out for yourself with this simple
example program:
<?php
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_URL,"http://curl.haxx.se/");
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POST,1);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,'post_variable=try+to+find+this+post+request+in+the+live+http+headers+program');
curl_exec($ch);
?>
if you turn live http headers on in the browser before navigating to this
curl script in your browser you will notice that the post string never shows
up in the live http headers. its kind of like:

|browser|--------a----------|curl script|---------b----------|remote site (
http://curl.haxx.se/ in the example)|

and live http headers sees everything passing though link 'a' but not 'b'.
as i mentioned below you can place a proxy server at link b but i recon
there must be an easier way than this.

> from daniel.haxx.se:
>I'm really not a PHP guy, but I believe recent PHP/CURL code allows you to
do
>something like this:
> $headers = curl_getinfo($c, CURLINFO_HEADER_OUT);

that sounded really promising but when i tried it no post variables show up
in the outgoing header :( eg:
<?php
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_URL,"http://curl.haxx.se/");
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POST,1);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,'post_variable=var1');
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($ch,CURLINFO_HEADER_OUT,1);
curl_exec($ch);
echo "outgoing headers:<br>".curl_getinfo($ch,CURLINFO_HEADER_OUT);
?>

even if you replace the last line in that script with:
echo "all curl info for this transfer:<br>".print_r(curl_getinfo($ch),true);
it shows you all the info you can get from the curl transfer and the post
fields are not in there.

Message: 5