curl-and-php

Debug HTTPS Curl Request

From: Daniel Cole <dcole_at_wehostit.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:11:41 +0000

Hello,

I am currently trying to debug an application that uses a cURL request to a remote HTTPS server. Unfortunately something appears to have changed (im guessing on server-side) and the system isn't working. From the script I can see that the request is getting to the server and the server is responding - but the page that it is returning indicates that it doesn't like the information that was sent to it for one specific field.

What I want to do is work out exactly what is being sent to see how that compares to when I submit data via a web browser to work out where the problem. Unfortunately as the server is HTTPS I can't do this via a simple packet capture.

The code that sends the cURL request is fairly complicated (and in no gun PHP programmer) so I was wondering if anyone has any tips? I can attach a copy of the PHP script if that will help.

Thanks,
Daniel