curl-and-php

Re: Get the User-Agent string?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:29:36 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Tom Worster wrote:

> OpenSSL/0.9.8l zlib/1.2.3

> In my application, I want to send an informative User-Agent such as this but
> modified to identify also my application. Hence I want to find the proper UA
> string for the php curl instance on the server so that I can manipulate it.

That's the user-agent the command line tool curl uses. libcurl that does the
request and that PHP/CURL uses, doesn't have any default user-agent at all so
you can't get that.

libcurl does however offer an API to extract all the version number infos etc
if you would like to produce a string like the above, but I don't know exactly
how or what the PHP binding exposes in that area.