curl-and-php

Re: Problems with curl timeout setting

From: <127546_at_sms13.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 14:49:54 +0100

Hello Daniel,

>> Also we think that we found something relevant. We think that the servers we
>> connect to which cause these timeout problems are not the real well known
>> http servers like apache or nginx. We are pretty sure that the server is
>> some self written perl code. Is this possible that this server does not
>> return some important headers which causes this timeout problems? For
>> example, we connect to server on port 80 and it does not return anything,
>> (no content whatsoever for 5 seconds, including no headers), can this affect
>> timeouts working?? We think it can, we will try to test it

> I don't see why it would. libcurl is made to obey the timeout no matter what
> it is doing, and a funny server shouldn't change that. But obviously there's a
> problem somewhere...

what do you think we should do then? Try this from C or command line outside of PHP? Can a php be
problem here? I very much doubt it because it still uses C code. Nobody else is having such
problems? Clearly something is wrong here

--
Best regards,
 127546                            mailto:127546_at_sms13.de