curl-and-php

Re: CURL_TIMEOUT_RESOLVE disappeared from recent curl?

From: Michael Dowling <mtdowling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:21:43 -0600

I don't see an option for DNS resolve timeouts in the PHP docs or the
libcurl docs, but you can use CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT to limit the amount
of time in seconds to allow for the connection phase to the server. I
think that should include DNS resolving.

More information on this option is available at
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html

-Michael