curl-and-php

Re: CURL HTTP request Timeout

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:46:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Kuberan Marimuthu wrote:

> How did you conclude that my version uses synchronous Name Resolves ??

Please stop the top-posting:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#Do_Not_Top_Post

I concluded that because A) it doesn't say it features AsynchDNS - which all
curls that support it say and B) it didn't include the c-ares version number
in the version string which it would if it had c-ares support and also C) by
it not being windows, as if it had been windows it probably would've used the
threaded resolver as that is the default resolver backend on that platform.

So before you continue let me reiterate the facts:

  o You will not get good multi interface performance with a libcurl that isn't
    using asynchronous name resolves. No matter how you try.

  o You haven't even said that you're using the multi interface or shown us any
    code or example, so you could still also just have totally messed up
    compeletely on your own for all we know.