curl-and-php

Re: curl configuration error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 20:38:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013, Peterson, Stephen (Contractor) wrote:

> First off I know that this has been reported many times. However, I have not
> seen a solution.
>
> I am getting the following error on Linux trying to configure curl-7.31.0:

Then you should probably use the curl-library list instead, as this is the
PHP/CURL list for the PHP extension which doesn't really build but use
libcurl...

> configure: PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR will be set to "/path/to/my/openssl/lib/pkgconfig"
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for openssl options with pkg-config... found
> configure: pkg-config: SSL_LIBS: "-lssl -lcrypto "
> configure: pkg-config: SSL_LDFLAGS: "-L"/path/to/my/openssl/lib "
> configure: pkg-config: SSL_CPPFLAGS: "-I"/path/to/my/openssl/include "
> checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
> checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no
> checking for ssl with RSAglue/rsaref libs in use... checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... (cached) no
>
> I don't know what I am supposed to be seeing in "/path/to/my/openssl if I go
> there .

You should see your OpenSSL lib and include directories and they should be
populated properly.

I'd rather guess you only have static libs there and those static libs need
something more to be provided for them to link. If you check your config.log
properly after the configure failure you might get some further clues.

> I also assume that the curl printout that reads "checking for pkg-config...
> /usr/bin/pkg-config" is just a hardcoded message in curl as my openssl is
> not in /usr/bin/

No it isn't hardcoded. pkg-config isn't meant to be in your OpenSSL directory.
Google for pkg-config and read up about it!