curl-and-php

Controlling curl_multi connection pool

From: JT R <jtr8032_at_outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 19:55:52 +0000

Hello,

I noticed that when I open 2-3 connections to the same domain, the multi interface pools them for reuse and distributes them on a "first come first serve" basis to each easy handle that needs to download from that domain. This means that any given easy handle will use whatever connection is available next in line to complete its request.

I am trying to find a way to "bind" connections to easy handles, so that a given handle will always use the same connection for its requests. Is this in any way possible? If it is not, is there at least a way to determine which connection is going to be used before submitting the easy handle to the multi interface?

P.S. Using FRESH_CONNECT or FORBID_REUSE is not an option since I do not want to create a new connection for each request.

Thanks in advance,
John