curl-and-php

Re: compiling curl with gnutls on travis-ci

From: shadi akiki <shadiakiki1986_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:13:09 +0300

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Rainer Canavan <rainer.canavan_at_sevenval.com>
wrote:

> > When I compile curl, I get libcurl.so* files in /usr/local/lib, but no
> libcurl-gnutls.so.4 file
>
> Ubuntu provides separate packages for curl linked against 3 different
> ssl libraries, which can be installed in parallel. Grab the package
> source, (apt-get source libcurl4-gnutls-dev) and check the contents in
> the debian/ subdirectory. The rules and the patches are likely to
> contain the answer to your question.
>
> rainer

It turned out that installing a separate php CLI other than the ones that
travis-ci workers already have (in phpenv) solved it for me.
The php binary /usr/bin/php5 was linking properly to the curl and gnutls
libraries that I install in /usr/local/lib,
but the binaries that phpenv automatically used didn't.

--
Best, Shadi AKIKI
www.akikieng.com/shadi