curl-and-python

Re: ignoring authentication

From: Brian Whitman <bwhitman_at_media.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:42:36 -0500

Sorry for my delay in response.

> What libcurl + pycurl versions are you using?

>>> print pycurl.version_info()
(2, '7.15.0', 462592, 'i486-pc-linux-gnu', 1581, 'GnuTLS/1.2.9', 0,
'1.2.3', ('tftp', 'ftp', 'gopher', 'telnet', 'dict', 'ldap', 'http',
'file', 'https', 'ftps'), None, 0, '0.5.18')

I think I have libcurl 7.9.6 but not exactly sure.

> I can't find any code in pycurl nor libcurl that contain that string.

The actual string is:
"Enter password for in <title> at <hostname>: "
Where <title> is the page / authentication title string, and
<hostname> is the host. There is two spaces between "password" and
"for" suggesting that something was supposed to go there, too.

I've tried setting a dummy username/password in pycurl via

curl.setopt(pycurl.USERPWD, "anonymous:anonymous")

but that doesn't affect it.