curl-and-python

Re: pycurl initialization while offline fails

From: <ghazel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:29:21 -0700

I got everything compiling (sans libidn) and it works. That is, I
began to make the change you talked about and noticed it didn't
exhibit the problem I mentioned originally. I believe somewhere
between c-ares/1.2.2-20050411 and c-ares/1.3.1 the problem has been
fixed the correct way - when offline, IPs and entries in the host
files work as expected, and other host names fail resolution when/as
expected.
Any chance we could get a build with the latest c-ares? I don't know
which build system you use, but in VC I had to add ares_getsock.c to
the areslib build process to resolve an undefined symbol. Otherwise
everything went fine.

-Greg