curl-and-python

pycurl

From: Jonah Crawford <jbernier_at_divmod.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:22:01 +0200

Hi I'm using pycurl in conjunction with pyTidy and minidom to grab useful tailings and bits. Things are working pretty well except for when I pass a link back from the process to the pycurl function.

Here is what I get:

 File "dryrun.py", line 29, in handler
    c.perform()
pycurl.error: (3, '<url> malformed')

I've writtee to disk and examined the source at each step in the chain and have ensured that this is not an encoding issue. Fot instance when I drop the link that would be sent back to pycurl into a browser instead it works like a charm. I even erased my cookies beforehand to see if that was the issue.

Any suggestion are appreciated.

Jonah