curl-and-python

Re: I'm new to the list - I seek answers to these issues I listed below.

From: John Draper <lists_at_webcrunchers.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:54:17 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, John Draper wrote:
>

>>> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/list.cgi?list=curl-and-python
>>>

>>Hmm - I don't know this URL... I found the pycurl.sourceforge.net URL
>>through google.
>>
>>That side must not have been updated for quite a while. It is riddled with
>>tons of broken links, and was the ONLY URL that Google found.
>>

>pycurl.sourceforge.net says "1 sep 2006". It contains direct links to mailing
>list pages at curl.haxx.se and cool.haxx.se, both of those pages have links to
>the curl-related mailing list archives, where the python-and-curl one is
>located as well.

Well - for starters, I was looking in the wrong place. Sometimes Google
doesn't always take me to the actual web site. I have since found it,
downloaded it, and spent days trying to massage the "makefile" so
it knows where everything is. I've installed this on an OpenBSD box.

Next, since I use Python, I found pyCurl, and installed it, and it seems
to work, but not fully testing it yet.

>>Is this mailing list fairly active?
>>

>It depends on what you call "fairly active". You can read the archive and
>judge for yourself.

Yes - I finally found it. Thanx

>>has this project been retired and abandoned?
>>

>"1 sep 2006" indicates something else in my eyes.

Not sure I know what you mean by that last sentence...

John