curl-and-python

pycurl NTLM proxy authentication settings

From: <wkranec_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:04:06 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to use pycurl from a Windows XP machine to connect to the
internet through an NTLM proxy. Based on my readings of the libcurl
documentation, I believe that I have specified all of the correct
settings.

Here is the current version of my script:
==========
import pycurl

pycurl.global_init(pycurl.GLOBAL_WIN32)
pycurl.global_init(pycurl.GLOBAL_SSL)

x = pycurl.Curl()

####
# Define a callback function for logging.
def log(debug_type, debug_msg):
    print "debug (%d): %s" % (debug_type, debug_msg),

#####
# Set cURL options.
x.setopt(pycurl.URL, "http://www.msn.com")

# NTLM proxy authentication.
x.setopt(pycurl.PROXY, "proxy_url")
x.setopt(pycurl.PROXYPORT, 80)
x.setopt(pycurl.PROXYTYPE, pycurl.PROXYTYPE_HTTP)
x.setopt(pycurl.PROXYAUTH, pycurl.HTTPAUTH_NTLM)
x.setopt(pycurl.PROXYUSERPWD, "domain\username:password")

# Print some (hopefully) useful messages
x.setopt(pycurl.VERBOSE, 1)
x.setopt(pycurl.DEBUGFUNCTION, log)
####

####
# Scrub!
try:
    x.perform()
except:
    print "Script failure, please check log messages.",
==========

When run, I get the following output:
==========
debug (0): Could not resolve host: www.msn.com (Domain name not found)
debug (0): Closing connection #0
Script failure, please check log messages.

Based on these logs, it appears that pycurl is trying to connect
without even trying to connect to the proxy. I normally connect to
the web through this proxy via internet explorer, so I know that it is
working correctly.

I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction on this.

Thanks,

Bill