curl-and-python

Re: Help with curl_multi_socket interface

From: Nathan E. Moore <nate_at_redtetrahedron.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 19:59:45 -0400

--On Monday, June 09, 2008 2:31 PM -0700 Yuhui H <eyecat_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> If I replace the entire "select() call mechanism" with a repeated call
> to m.socket_all(), the script seems to work fine. Of course that would
> be missing the point of curl_multi_socket interface.

This equivalent to calling curl_multi_perform in a loop.

> Now my question is, have there been any confirmed success of using
> curl_multi_socket interface on Win32? I know I should try any of
> these:

I can confirm that the multi_socket api works on windows.

> - Programming curl_multi_socket in C/on Win32 (thus isolate
> potential python select issue)

A small C++ program using select that works on win32 is available at
<http://nate.redtetrahedron.org/pycurl/main.cpp> if you want it for
somewhere to start, it does some odd things with timeouts, but that related
to the problem I was having at the time.

> - Try the modification on Linux
I'll try this tomorrow.

Nathan.