curl-and-python

Re: pycurl and thomson grass valley k2 FTP servers

From: Shailesh Kumar <shaileshk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:41:36 +0530

Thanx Daniel,

They actually suggested us to use their proprietary SDK for data
access rather than FTP. After that we didn't pursue the PyCurl line
further.

About PyCurl, they also said that prior to the transfer (RETR) command
pyCurl issues a SIZE command. K2 (a Video Server) replies with the
size of the media as stored on disk, however this do not include the
size of the GXF or MXF wrapper (MXF and GXF are different file formats
for wrapping audio/video data in broadcast world) and during transfer
PyCURL may well only save number of bytes as reported by the size
commend.

This may be interesting comment for PyCURL/cURL implementation. Since
our access to K2 was limited, hence we didn't debug this further.

If get to know anything more useful, I would update.

With regards,
- Shailesh