curl-and-python

Proposed patch for issues 2812016 and 2893665

From: Daniel Price <dbp_at_alumni.brown.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 19:53:25 -0800

Hi there.  Attached is my proposed commit for these issues:

2812016 Can''t builf on OpenSolaris
2893665 reset is broken

For the first, I tried to sort out a couple of build problems. As the
bug points out, several different OS's break with 'curl-config
--static-libs', since curl-config fails, and then we pass bogus flags
around. We now catch this case and deal gracefully. I also cleaned
up the code a bit.

For the second, I took Johansen_at_Sun's patch and applied it. I also
added his test case and modified it slightly in two ways:
   (1) I made it sys.exit(1) in the event that anything went wrong.
   (2) I took out the infinite loop (and made it iterate 20 times
instead) so it could more easily be added to a test suite.

I ran all of the tests I could and also tested with a debugging memory
allocator.

I'd appreciate a review of this, and, if that works out, I'll commit it.

        -dp

--
dbp_at_alumni.brown.edu