curl-and-python

Re: PyCurl release for 7.19.2

From: Christopher Warner <cwarner_at_kernelcode.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 14:59:23 -0400

> It would really help us if you could keep the congruence between PyCurl
> version and libcurl version. In the current scheme PyCurl 7.19.0 was
> supposed to contain all of the interfaces in libcurl 7.19.0. Does this
> mean that PyCurl 7.19.2 will have all of the interfaces in libcurl
> 7.19.2, but none newer? IIRC, libcurl is at version 7.20.1 right now.

Ewww didn't realize there were changed interfaces in 7.19.2. I'll take a
look, technically I could incorporate any new interfaces from 7.19.2 into
this release. To the extent that I wanted to do an incremental release it
shouldn't present too much of an issue. Most of the fixes are in cvs trunk.

I'd be happy to review a patch if you'd like to send it to the list.

> What's your plan for supporting Python 2 releases? Our project is using
> Python 2.6, and plans to stay on the Python 2x branch for a while
> longer. Will PyCurl support both Python 2 and Python 3, or are you
> going to be taking a different approach?

Sure the current Python 3.0 patch i'm reviewing is on sourceforge but I'll
put that to the list. I plan to support both Python 2 and 3 explicitly. I
don't see any need or reason to deprecate support for 2.x anytime soon and
when I say 2.x I'm speaking 2.5>

In-fact if the Python3 patch didn't already exist in some sort of material
form I'm not sure I would spend anytime with it right now. However, since
someone did the heavy lifting I may as well investigate adding it.

--
Christopher Warner
http://cwarner.kernelcode.com