curl-and-python

Re: Problems with multi and MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE

From: Chris Elston <celston_at_katalix.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:01:39 +0100

On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 13:57 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > I'm having problems using the MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE option with a CurlMulti
> > handle. My app is reasonably complex, but luckily the problem is easily
> > reproduceable with a simple change to the retriever-multi.py example.
>
> Does the C binding code pass on that value as a curl_off_t type argument?
>
> There's a quite common problem when people pass in a "long" to a *_LARGE
> option and that causes errors such as this on 32 bit platforms.

As far as I can tell from pycurl.c, whether or not an option is passed
as a curl_off_t is controlled by testing the CURLOPTTYPE_OFF_T bitmask
in the MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE define. This is the same for all *_LARGE
options, so if any of them work then all of them should.

I haven't confirmed this yet, but I will attempt to do so.

Any other suggestions to look into?

Thanks,

Chris.