curl-and-python

Re: curl-and-python Digest, Vol 60, Issue 2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 23:57:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, John Skopis wrote:

>> libcurl has a default path for CAINFO set internally. If you need to change
>> that then it is entirely up to your app how to do it!
>
> The app is pycurl. Running the test below fails because CAINFO is set to None
> in pycurl.

I would think that purl doesn't have to set CAINFO at all by default. All
libcurl builds (execept for Windows) ones will have decent defaults built-in.

> I am wondering what is the best way to initialize pycurl.CAINFO, using the
> library default?

Don't do anything!

> Or, did I compile libcurl incorrectly? Is curl supposed to use the deafult
> if CAINFO/CAPATH is not set?

libcurl does, yes. The curl command tool has some additional fancy stuff to
check for and set the CAINFO to work better in for example Windows
environments where there's no such thing as a default path to a CA certificate
bundle.