curl-and-python

Re: socks (5) options

From: Ammar Lilamwala <ammar.lilamwala_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:06:21 +0100

CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_SERVICE
CURLOPT_SOCKS5_GSSAPI_NEC

Looks like both these options were added in the release 7.19.4
even though I have libcurl 7.20.1, the pycurl version I am running is
still 7.19.0

The final proxytype you have mentioned CURLPROXY_SOCKS5_HOSTNAME is a
libcurl option.
Do you know the equivalent pycurl command?

Right now I am using this:
conn = pycurl.Curl()
conn.setopt(pycurl.PROXYTYPE, pycurl.PROXYTYPE_SOCKS5)

I don't have PROXYTYPE_SOCKS5_HOSTNAME in my pycurl option set. Do you
reckon this could have to do with me requiring a new version of
pycurl? The last windows binary for pycurl seems to be 7.19. Do you
know if any new releases are due anytime soon?

Regards
Ammar