curl-and-python

lost in la mancha

From: Mark Schafer <mschafer_at_wireframe.biz>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:24:15 +1300

Hi guys,
I'm really trying to get pycurl to work but I'm just not getting it.
I've tried trawling through the archives but can't find what I need.

Specifically:
- I'm on Windows
- it looks like curl is at 7.23.1 for windows. downloads here:
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
- I can't get setup.py install to work with 7.23.1 (no lib file in dev
version)
- so it looks like I need 7.19.0 to match the pycurl release. but can't
find a developer installable version for that in here:
http://curl.haxx.se/download/ (although there appear to be 7 to choose
from - not sure what sspi variant is)

Can anyone give me a few pointers (remember I'm on windows). I really
hope I can do it without having to compile from source as I can't. (why
I'm using python).
(I'm wanting to use https and Oauth using this API:
http://www.ponoko.com/app-gateway/api-documentation.
I can already use urllib2, urllib.urlencode. Looking at Oauth2 as well)

Thanks...