curl-and-python

Re: want to maintain pycurl?

From: Wim Lewis <wiml_at_omnigroup.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:15:41 -0800

On 5 Mar 2012, at 2:39 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Kevin Manley wrote:
>
>> I would be interested in taking this on, as long as I could move it to github first
>
> I personally have no objections or preferences to where the pycurl project goes or is hosted. It is on sourceforge now, so the info there would need to be updated but other than so... nothing.
>
> (I personally prefer github to sourceforge any day.)

I personally like Sourceforge better for projects that hang around for a long time, even though SF's interface is pretty clunky, I think it has more comprehensive support. However, if pycurl moves to git (or mercurial or any other DVCS, but git sounds like the popular candidate) then there's nothing stopping keeping the project proper on Sourceforge but having copies of the repository on Github, Googlecode, self-hosted sites, whatever people like best. I'd certainly look forward to moving on from CVS, well though it served us decades ago :)