curl-and-python

Re: Tricks to optimizing PUT performance?

From: Mark Schafer <mschafer_at_wireframe.biz>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 09:02:20 +1300
Can you clarify with an example please ?

On 1/29/2013 8:24 AM, Mark Seger wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013, Mark Seger wrote:

oops, I have to fall on my sword and say I accidentally profiled my non-pycurl upload script and it was the one that spent all that time in compression, but only 17% of it's time in crypto.  When I uploaded a file with pycurl it didn't compress at all (as I originally suspected) but this time spend 2/3 of it's time in crypto.  Either way, both cases are spending a LOT of time in CPU and that just doesn't feel right to me. -mark

correct, I was just trying to understand why other tools seemed to be using less CPU, but maybe they really weren't.
on a more positive note I've finally solved the 1-sec gap problem.  the secret was to use http v1 instead of the default.  I'm now a very happy camper...
-mark

Why not? Sending encrypted data over a very high-bandwidth connection should be a lot of CPU activity.