curl-and-python

Re: Test suite dependencies

From: Oleg Pudeyev <oleg+pycurl_at_bsdpower.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 05:46:30 -0500

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 10:17:06 +0100
Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com> wrote:

> Tornado is also available on Fedora and Gentoo, but what about httphq
> itself?

I have not investigated it thoroughly yet because as of now (I
ported through test_internals.py, alphabetically) my entire test
application has one action:

https://github.com/p/pycurl/blob/python3/tests/app.py

To be honest, I am more concerned that httphq will not support python
versions that pycurl is supposed to work on (like 2.5 and 3.0) than
that it will not work on some distribution. Alexandr is working on
creating a pypi package for httphq, which should make it easier to get
it into distributions if we do decide to use it.

> Would we need to include its sources into pycurl sources?

I would like to avoid this if possible.

Oleg