Re: perl interface to curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:14:36 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Ray, Marla S wrote:

> I have been trying to perform the steps to install the Curl::easy perl
> interface but I am encountering errors.
>
> Now I am trying to do the make with nmake and I get errors like:
>
> easy.c
> d:/Download/Perl/curl-7.6.1/include\curl/curl.h(443) : error C2143:
> syntax error
> : missing ',' before '->'

I'm looking at line 443 in my curl.h file from the 7.6.1 release. There's no
-> or . on that line. Can you show us how your line looks?

Besides, can't you use that error code "C2143" to lookup somewhere what it
means?

BTW, if you already installed curl and libcurl, how come you're compiling
easy.c?

> easy.xs(208) : error C2664: 'curl_setopt' : cannot convert parameter
> 2 from 'int
> ' to 'CURLoption'
> Conversion to enumeration type requires an explicit cast
> (static_cast, C
> -style cast or function-style cast)

Then add an explicit cast, and make it use curl_easy_setopt() while you're at
it as that is what should be used:

   RETVAL = curl_easy_setopt(curl, (CURLoption)option, value);

> easy.xs(212) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from
> 'struct _PerlIO
> *' to 'struct _iobuf *'

Woa, I don't know this. Could it be some perl XS magic, anyone?