problem with libcurl 7.7.2 and solaris7 HTTP POST

From: Brad Burdick <bburdick_at_outbounder.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:17:00 -0400 (EDT)

I didn't see anything in the list archives related to this so thought I
would ask here.

I am trying to use libcurl 7.7.2 on a solaris7 system. The particular
application is multi-threaded, but that isn't the problem as I can
reproduce the error with the curl app itself.

The remote server is running IIS4.0, in case that matters.

% curl -d '<POST data here>' -v <URL here>
* Connected to <remote> (192.168.10.10)
> POST /path/to/interface.asp HTTP/1.1

<POST data here>
^C%

The problem is that curl/libcurl never seems to get the server HTTP response.

The POST operation itself completes successfully and using Perl's LWP POST
app works as expected.

I've run snoop to capture traffic to the remote server and I see the HTTP
200 OK response coming back to me, but curl/libcurl just waits until it
timesout on the connection or is aborted.

I did notice in the snoop output that curl/libcurl gets back an

HTTP: ----- HyperText Transfer Protocol -----
HTTP:
HTTP: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
HTTP: Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
HTTP: Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:58:49 GMT
HTTP:

HTTP: ----- HyperText Transfer Protocol -----
HTTP:
HTTP: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
HTTP: Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
HTTP: Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 01:58:50 GMT
HTTP: Content-Length: 0
HTTP: Content-Type: text/html
HTTP: Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDGQQQGGEN=HGDPMEHBBNODFLNLLMGLGLDH; path=/
HTTP: Cache-control: private
HTTP:

status after the initial POST attempt. I don't see this using the Perl
POST app.

Is the Content-Length: 0 on the response an issue?

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks,

-brad

--
Brad Burdick - Outbounder, Inc.               http://www.outbounder.com/
Email: bburdick_at_outbounder.com | Voice: 703.461.1350 | Fax: 703.461.1360