Re: weird timings from curl_easy_getinfo

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg_at_sai.msu.su>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:51:08 +0300 (GMT)

No, numbers still look unreal :-( I applied your patch to 7.8 release.
Again, at the beginning of run I got what I expect, but very soon
all timings became weird.

for example:

CURLINFO_TOTAL_TIME|CURLINFO_NAMELOOKUP_TIME|CURLINFO_CONNECT_TIME|CURLINFO_PRETRANSFER_TIME

114.791|112.725|113.270|113.270

        Regards,

                Oleg

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>
> > I attached an archive with my test application, compile it as gcc
> > -D_REENTRANT -Wall -I/usr/include -g -O0 -o a.out tt.c out.c -lcurl
> > -L/usr/lib -lpthread program reads URL's from STDIN, if you need URL
> > files I used I could send it too, it's quite large (1Mb gzip-compressed)
> > and has nothing specific for the problem. Just get several URL's and make
> > copies of them. Better use some URL's with timeouts.
>
> I built your test program OK and I could even verify that I get the same
> problem you've seen.
>
> Then I checked the output more closely from what I could judge, only the
> fastest downloads would report the weird timings. So I had a peek in the
> lib/progress.c source code and I suggested the attached patch to see if that
> solves your problem.
>
> Let me know if it makes any difference.

        Regards,
                Oleg