Re: HTTP PUT resume

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:23:45 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 tom_waters_at_mac.com wrote:

> I have read that HTTP puts with Content-Range works... but I'm not getting
> there with my usage of it.

Ah, right. I remember us working with that, but not exactly how things ended
up...

I'll try to fill in what I seem to recall. This reeaaaaaally needs to be
documented so if we can just make it work now, we should write it all down in
big block letters somewhere.

> Do I have to seek the FILE * that I'm putting to the offset I want to start
> the put at?

I think you do, yes.

> And what do I set in CURLOPT_INFILESIZE? the actual size of the file? or
> the size of the partial segment i want to put?

I believe you should set that size to the size you want to upload, that is
the size of the segment you want to put.

> got any example code?

Unfortunately not. If you would produce one example source code to try this
out, we could indeed put that in the example dir when it works!