no response return when using https in libcurl

From: Victor Hu <VictorHu_at_blue-world.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:56:49 -0700
Hi guys,

The following code is the sample code in simple.c
  curl = curl_easy_init();
  if(curl) {
    curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://curl.haxx.se");
    res = curl_easy_perform(curl);
    /* always cleanup */
    curl_easy_cleanup(curl);
  }
  return 0;

When I run it in VC++, a page from curl.haxx.se was return. If I change the URL into https://curl.haxx.se, no information is returned. In the command line, if I run "curl https://curl.haxx.se", a page called 401 Authorization Required will be returned.

I spent almost one day searching the mail lists relating to it, and found some simillar question. I did not find a solution to it.

Can someone give me some ideas about how to make https work here?

Thanks,
Victor Hu

blue world information technology inc.,
suite 700, 555 west hastings st,
vancouver, bc, v6b 4n5, canada
tel: (604) 443-5007, fax: (604) 443-5096
http://www.blue-world.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bringing you mounds of caffeinated joy >>> http://thinkgeek.com/sf <<< Received on 2002-06-18