--interface with ipv6 (PATCH)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:52:58 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Duncan Wilcox wrote:

> that memcpy is copying 16 bytes worth of stuff in a space for 4 (at least
> on FreeBSD sin_addr is an in_addr_t that is an u_int32_t), so it ends up
> overwriting part of the stack. Maybe on Linux sin_addr is larger or maybe
> the sockaddr_in has more space in it?

I'm not exactly sure why it works on Linux, but I had a closer look at this
now and we can solve this with much more elegance with ipv6-functions so I
would like to ask you to try the attached patch (on FreeBSD with IPv6 enabled
when using the --interface option). I only have Linux to test with IPv6
myself.