Re: test506

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:53:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 dm_at_nettraffic.de wrote:

> here comes (my attempt for) test 506, which should verify the cookie share
> implementation. It uses pthread and it's tested only on Debian GNU/Linux
> "unstable".
>
> After applying the patch you must
> chmod a+x tests/libtest/lib506.run

Thanks! I do have two comments on the test case though:

 I would prefer not to have it depend on or use pthreads. This policy makes it
more portable and friendlier to debug. I know the share system kind of assumes
threads, but I think that if you do separate curl_easy_perform() invokes and
simply let the share data survive between them it could still make a good
enough test case (especially if you output something in the lock/unlock
callbacks and we verify that output too in the test).

 Why do you need that extra shell script to invoke the test program and filter
the output? Can't you make the test case filter/check that output? I really
don't like to add extra files for single tests.

> BTW: There is a tests/libtest/lib505 but no tests/data/test505

Oops. There is a test505 in CVS though... I've added it to the Makefile.am
now.