Re: Performance problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:38:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> Not so strange because libcurl is calling gethostbyaddr() in
> ftp_pasv_verbose(). Turn off verbose-mode CURLOPT_VERBOSE) and it shouldn't
> do that.
>
> BTW. Shouldn't Ares be used to do that in parallell?

Well, it _could_ be made to do it in parallell if ares had been used in this
case, but the code is not written like that and it would be really tricky to
make it do that.

Using ares is mainly a huge gain when you use the multi interface, or if you
want to timeout DNS queries nicer.

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]